Friday, July 17, 2009

Psalm 8

I got up the other morning early as I usually do and I was singing the song from these verses. "How excellent is your name in all the earth!"

All the way to work I sang and rejoiced in God's word. So when I got to church Wednesday night I used this passage of scripture to start off a great mid week service. God has been good to us!

I began to think about the words and what they really meant. It is like when a student in school gets a test back from a teacher and the teacher writes an "A" on the test and then they write in a big flourish "Excellent!"

I thought about Jesus when we had a problem and he helped us like when we did not know how we could pay a bill and someone ask how did the Lord do in taking care of that problem? Our grade would be Excellent!

Or when we got a bad report from the doctor, then later some one would ask how about that situation? How did God do with that sickness? Our response would be Excellent!

Hey if God is on our side who can stand against us?! Whose report will you believe? I will believe the report of the Lord! For he is Excellent in all the earth!

Webster defines excellent as very good or first class. Jesus is perfect in all his ways. I am glad I know Him, but more importantly I am glad He knows me. O how excellent is his name in all the earth!

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

Kevin, this is so true! Our God is EXCELLENT! I love how he takes care of all His children. Good to see you back on the blog! Have a great weekend.