Monday, February 25, 2008

Jesus Gives Second Chances ... Part II

Let me tell you about Billy- His sister came to me and said Kevin if you can help him the family would appreciate it. I OK'd it with Pastor O. R. Fauss and we accepted the challenge. He was 16 when he came to our church school in Houston.

He was on his way to Juvenile Rehab School for his alcohol dependency and truancy. We worked with him and got him up to speed in school. He was our pitcher for our baseball team and throwing around 90 mph in High School.

He got baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost. I later learned that he had married a girl in the church and had children . Then I heard that Billy the outcast of a young teenager was now the Bus Minister over the Bus Captains for the church. He became very involved in Sunday School in the district. Then the other day he called to wish me Happy New Year and he owns a very successful plumbing business in Houston.

The Greatest miracle God robed him-self in flesh and lived and died so that he could save you and me from sin. He can take a life wrecked by sin and make it beautiful!! With God all things are possible!!

I have an awesome update coming up on my volunteer work! It is amazing what God is doing in such a short time! I told the church a little about it last night and we rejoiced and worshipped God!

No comments: