Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Was There 1 !!

Have you ever heard some one talk about an event they were at and maybe how something different or awesome happened while they were there at the event? Then you have an AHA moment and you say" I was there!"

On the way home from work today ( it is a beautiful drive, on two lanes roads with trees completely overhanging in many places) I began to think about some awesome experiences that I have had over the years.

The more I thought about it the more thought that I would write a series here and if you were there and you have an AHA moment that is great! Just leave a comment or share your story as to how you felt.

I remember a service at 433 Druid & Edison Street in Jacksonville Fl. Jim Price was the choir director, Shirley Cohron was on the organ, Faye Burton was on the piano, Ted Carter was on the drums I was playing the congas when all of a sudden I looked up and Jim Price who had been playing a solo part on his Saxophone was gone. I looked trying to find our choir director and he was walking around the church and still playing his saxophone with the choir still singing!

Needless to say we had an awesome move of God that night!

1 comment:

James Brooks said...

Shirley Cohron could sing like no other and I didn't know Teddy played the drums in those days. His brother Terry must have been busy glad-handing ;)