Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pastor Appreciation - Rev. Wayne Trout

Several weeks ago the ministry team here at Truth & Life Center in North East MD came up with this idea of Pastor Appreciation.

We set aside the whole month to do different things for Pastor Wayne Trout each Sunday. A couple of weeks ago I asked the ministerial staff to tell why they appreciate Pastor in tonight's service. We had special singing of a lot of the older songs that Pastor loves to sing.

Some of the ministry had us laughing with their early memories of Pastor and some of his favorite sayings. We had a great time in the Lord worshiping and giving honor to whom honor is due.

So I would like to just share my thoughts with you that I shared with the church tonight.

"Pastor Wayne Trout in all of your years of being involved ministry and the many ministers that you have worked with as they began to fulfill their calling of God. You have given them the charges that Paul gave to Timothy his student in ministry as recorded in I & II Timothy some of them are:
1 Timothy 1:3 I charge that you teach no other doctrine,
1 Timothy 1:18I charge that thou mightest war a good warfare;
1 Timothy 5:7I charge that you may be blameless.
1 Timothy 5:21I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
1 Timothy 6:13 I charge in the sight of God, that thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1 Timothy 6:17I Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
2 Timothy 4:1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;


Pastor these charges you have delivered to every minister that you have ordained over the years that you have been involved in ministry. What I as a fourth generation Pentecostal appreciate most about you, is that you still believe, act, and live, as a Godly example for us and the next generation to follow. Thank you pastor we love and appreciate you."

No comments: