Monday, August 04, 2008

Order My Steps!

I went to the hospital where I volunteer at 6:15 Sunday morning. I did it on purpose to catch the night shift before they left and to talk to the day shift as they came in to work. I went to the third floor and one of the nurses asked me for directions to church as soon as I came in to the area.

I gave her a hard time and said why this will be the third time I gave you directions etc.. I commenced to write the directions down for her and she asked if she could come dressed like she was. I told her that would be fine. My wife told me after we had started service that Angela was there from the hospital. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

The choir sang and we had a great time of worship and move of the Spirit. Bro Drury was the special speaker and he preached an awesome message. I spoke to Angela after service and introduced her to several folks that came by. She said that we had a beautiful church and that she really enjoyed the service. She is planning on coming back again.

I have several others that have expressed an interest and are asking a lot of questions pray that I can continue to be an instrument for Jesus!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful report. Just the beginning of great things.

Randal Hallford said...

There is nothing on this planet that is more fulfilling than being used by God to minister to the lost.

I love to read of this, it makes all the difficulties in this work fall away to nothing in your heart.

God's great work is going on where you are! Keep being "a living epistle, read of all men".

Kevin Hopper said...

Aunt Karen and Bro. Hallford, thanks for your comments and keep praying that God will continue to open doors. I will go to the hospital again in the morning for a couple of hours before church.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Love to hear how God is directing His people! Keep us posted on this precious lady. Look forward to hearing about her rebirth experience in the future!

Shannon