Saturday, February 09, 2008

Order My Steps..

There is a popular Christian song that says" Order my steps in your word etc... I feel that God can guide all of our steps if we let him. I have mentioned before about how God takes care of us.

Several years ago we were wanting to get involved with outreach to the nursing homes and other areas of ministry to encourage people. But we needed a keyboard and amplifier among other things. So we kept praying and doing the best we could.

One night a visitor came to church he was an older gentleman. I went by and shook his hand and I ended up teaching him Bible Studies for several weeks at his house. He came every Sunday morning for awhile. Then he started missing some and when I called he told me was was sick. Within a few weeks I found out he had cancer and he died. I went to his funeral and met some other ministers that were there and come to find out he had two half brothers in Canada.

Those brothers are pastoring Pentecostal Churches and they were glad that I had spent time with their brother before he passed away. They had prayed for years for him to get his heart right with God. I explained his experience and the many times we had prayed together and they rejoiced.

I went to the store about three weeks later and met his wife and she asked me to come by and see her. So I went by and she gave me a card. She told me that her husband had left the youth group some money because he was thankful for all that we were doing for God. God has a way of taking care of us if we do our part.

It was enough to purchase an excellent keyboard and amplifier plus other things to help us in or efforts of ministry. I contacted his half brothers at General Conference and they were so excited that his legacy would live on especially after their 50+ years of praying for him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Loved this post! You just never know whose answer to prayer you may be. Just a smile, a word of kindness, a helping hand. God has used our family so many times in ways we never even realized, as I'm sure He does all lives that are dedicated to Him. Souls - that's what its about - loving souls.

Kevin Hopper said...

Yes Shannon, I have experienced some amazing things. I consider nothing as a chance occurance. If we pray God will order our steps! More on this later!

Kevin Hopper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.