Wednesday, January 30, 2008

First Day of Volunteer Service!

Some may have noticed that I changed my header to include instructions on how to leave a comment. I constantly receive calls and emails from people that say they saw my blog or they read it everyday.

I ask them why they don’t leave a comment and their replies usually mention something along the line of I don’t know how. So that is why I tried to give them simple instructions. So bear with us as we move along in blog world! LOL!

Now on to today’s thoughts! Yesterday was my first day to volunteer at the hospital. I was supposed to be with someone that had been doing volunteer for over 10 years but he was sick and could not make it. So I went by myself and it was interesting. I was able to talk to several patients and to their families. Some asked me to pray with them and it was good.

I had left the hospital when I got a call to come back to ICU to help in a situation. When I arrived I called all the family in and had prayer with them. The staff was very thankful. I walked through a couple of times to check on them later and a friend had come to see them. She began to talk to me about God and how that knowing Jesus makes things a lot easier to handle! I said Amen! We talked for awhile and she just cried and we prayed in the hall. I invited her to church and she invited me to come by their church for prayer meeting. She goes to an Apostolic Church just a few blocks from the hospital.

When I was walking out of the hospital a family that started coming to church on our bus ministry was coming into the hospital. I asked them who they were going to see. They told me and asked me to go with them to the room I had just left. So we went up and I prayed with them as well.

The volunteer director was teasing me and said they don’t usually introduce someone to volunteer service in this fashion. She said it was a baptism by fire! LOL!! I told her after thirty years of being involved in ministry that I was OK!!

We never know why we are in a place at a particular time. But God does order our steps and I am so glad he does!

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

God chose you for this particular ministry, and He confirmed that in your first volunteering visit. May you continue to be an instrument for Him.